Welcome! We invite you to visit Winchester Thurston to see firsthand how WT leads the way in educational innovation, rigorous academics, scholarly standards, and a learning environment that better prepares students for the challenges of a changing world. Nationally recognized for work with gifted and talented students, distinctive campuses, and innovative programs, WT is a school in which students achieve at the highest levels—earning stellar AP scores and gaining admission to the most selective colleges in the nation. Our learning environment is dynamic and engaging, and students are excited about achievement as they become intellectually confident critical thinkers, able researchers, and knowledgeable problem solvers.
- Established in 1887
- Independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school
- Campuses in Shadyside (PK – 12) and Allison Park (PK – 5).
- Our student body includes 23% students of color
- Enrollment: 642 — the highest enrollment in the school’s 123-year history
- Think Also of the Comfort and the Rights of Others.
- Critical thinking; integrity; empathy; community; diversity.
- Candide Modo Fortiter Re (Gentle in manner, strong in deed)
Contact InformationDirector of Admission and Enrollment
Associate Director of Admission and Director of Financial Aid
Admission Office at 412-578-7518
View Winchester Thurston School in a larger map